Terms of Service
READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SERVICES BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR OTHERWISE USE THESE SERVICES. YOUR CHECKING OF THE BOX MARKED "I HAVE READ WEBSERVIO'S TERMS OF SERVICE AGREEMENT AND I AGREE TO IT" AND YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE SERVICES INDICATES YOUR ACKNOWLEDGMENT THAT YOU HAVE READ AND ACCEPTED THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
1. Introduction. This Terms of Service agreement (the “Agreement”) sets forth the terms and conditions of your use of the hosting, design and development, e-mail and marketing services (collectively, the “Services”) sold by Webservio, Inc. (the “Company”) through its Web site located at www.message-continuity.com (the “Site”). The Company retains the right to modify the Agreement at any time and any such modification shall be automatically effective when posted on the Site. By utilizing the Company's Services, you agree to be bound by the terms herein and as modified. The Terms of Access are incorporated herein by reference, and may be viewed by clicking here.
2. Registration and Password. In consideration of use of the Services, you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete credit or debit card information and all other information about yourself as prompted by the Services' registration form (such information being the "Registration Data") and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or the Company has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, the Company has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Services (or any portion thereof). You will receive a password and account designation upon completing the Services' registration process. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to: (a) immediately notify the Company of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. The Company cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section 2. The Company, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to refuse to register you for the Services within thirty (30) calendar days from receipt of your payment for such Services. In the event the Company does not register you for Services within such thirty (30) calendar day period, the Company agrees to refund your applicable fee(s). You agree that the Company shall not be liable to you for loss or damages that may result from our refusal to register for the Services.
3. Term and Payment for Services.
3.1 Term and Termination. This Agreement shall be for an initial term as chosen by you during the registration process at the time you register for the Services for each of the respective Services (the “Initial Term”). This Agreement will be automatically renewed (the "Renewal Term") at the end of the Initial Term for the same period as the Initial Term for each respective Service unless you provide Company with notice of termination thirty (30) days prior to the end of the Initial Term or the Renewal Term. You must provide Company with your notice of termination in writing thirty (30) days prior to the actual termination date of the services unless otherwise provided by this Agreement. Upon canceling any Services, you will be asked to provide Company with sufficient customer identification information so that Company may properly identify you and your account. You agree that cancellation of any or all Services is not valid or accepted unless submitted via Company's prescribed method of cancellation, and until you are in receipt of confirmation from Company that cancellation is accepted. You agree to a $95.00 minimum cancelation fee unless otherwise provided by this Agreement. You agree that default, non-payment or reversal of payment does not constitute cancellation of any of the Services, nor reduce the balance due on any amounts outstanding.
3.2 Termination Policy. You have 30 days from date of account setup to be eligible for a refund. All refunds requested during such period with a "valid complaint" will receive a refund of the charged periods. The Company shall determine whether a complaint is a "valid complaint" in its sole and absolute discretion. You will not receive a refund for any setup fees or any fees other than the monthly or yearly recurring hosting fees. Fees resulting from extra services, "add-ons", domain name service and any services provided by third parties after this agreement are not classified as monthly or yearly recurring fees and thus are not refundable. Termination by you at any time after thirty days of account setup shall require payment of all fees that would have been due through the then current Initial or Renewal Term.
3.3 Termination for Cause. Company reserves the right to terminate this agreement, and to delete any Web site or Content, immediately upon the occurrence of any of the following events:
3.3.1. Non payment of any amounts due from you;
3.3.2. Breach of any term or condition of this agreement by you;
3.3.3. Commencement of any lawsuit or proceeding against you arising from or relating to your use of the Services or any related Web site, whether or not such suit names the Company as a party or seeks and recovery from the Company; and
3.3.4. Failure to provide a current and/or valid credit or debit card.
3.4 Charges. You agree that all monthly or yearly fees are recurring. You agree to authorize all recurring charges to the account and any other balances incurred due to overages of limits, additions of extras to the account, service charges and/or any other fees. You agree to pay for all charges attributable to your use of the Services at the then current Company prices, which shall be exclusive of any applicable taxes. You are responsible for the payment of all federal, state, and local sales, use, value added, excise, duty and any other taxes assessed with respect to the Services, other than taxes based on Company's net income.
3.5 Payment. All charges for Services must be paid in advance according to the then current prices applicable to the Services. Upon entering this Agreement, you must choose to pay either by direct charge to a credit or debit card. Since you are required to pay by credit or debit card upon registering for the Services, you thereby authorize Company to charge your credit or debit card to pay for any charges that may apply to your account. You must notify Company of any changes to your card account (including, without limitation, applicable account number or cancellation or expiration of the account), your billing address, or any information that may prohibit Company from charging your account. In the event of collection enforcement, you will be liable for any costs associated with such collection, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees, court costs and collection agency fees.
3.6 Effect of Termination. Upon the effective termination or cancellation of any of the respective Services, you shall, with respect to each Service terminated or cancelled, immediately discontinue your use of the respective terminated or cancelled Services and all licenses relating thereto shall also terminate. Any and all payment obligations of you under this Agreement for Services will immediately become due and payable. If the termination relates to collocation, within five (5) days of such termination, you shall remove from the facilities all software, computer hardware, and all other equipment, goods and personal property owned by you or licensed or leased by you from third parties (the “Equipment”) and any other property of yours located at the facilities and return the facilities to the Company in the same condition as existed before providing such Services to you, normal wear and tear excepted. If you do not remove the Equipment and your other property as provided herein, the Company will have the right to do one or more of the following, without liability therefore: (i) reclaim the facilities and remove all property there from without being guilty in any manner of trespass or any claim for damages, and without prejudice to any remedies for such breach by you; (ii) enter upon and take possession of and re-license the facilities and receive monthly charges and other fees therefore; (iii) alter all locks and other security devices at the facilities; (iv) move any Equipment to secure storage and charge you for the cost of such removal and storage; and/or (v) liquidate the your property in any reasonable manner, applying all proceeds first to the cost of such liquidation, then to all payment obligations due hereunder (first being applied to accrued interest), and the balance thereof, if any, shall be paid to you.
3.7 Survival. The following provisions shall survive termination or expiration of this Agreement with respect to any or all of the Services: paragraphs 1,3,4,5,8,9,10,11-13, 15-20. This Agreement shall continue to apply in all respects to any Services not terminated as provided for herein.
4. Additional Terms for Collocation. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Company, the Company shall not be responsible for the installation, removal, operation, maintenance or replacement of any Equipment. If it is necessary or desirable to relocate the Equipment to another area in the facilities designated by the Company, or to another facility, the parties will cooperate in good faith with each other to facilitate such relocation. You represent, warrant and covenant that: (i) you have and will maintain the legal right and authority to use, operate and locate any Equipment in all areas designated by the Company; (ii) neither the execution of this Agreement nor the performance of your obligations hereunder will cause or constitute a breach of any agreements to which you are bound; (iii) all Equipment, materials and other tangible items placed by you in facilities designated by the Company will be installed, operated, used and maintained by you in compliance with all applicable laws and manufacturer specifications; (iv) all Equipment will be maintained by you in an orderly and safe condition; and (v) you shall not (and shall not permit others operating at its request, under its instruction, direction, control or supervision to) access, rearrange, reconfigure, disconnect, remove, repair, replace, damage or otherwise tamper with (or attempt to do any of the foregoing to) any of the facilities or the properties or space of any other person or company the facilities. Access to the Equipment will be limited solely to the representatives of you or your company that are identified by you and designated in an authorized list (the “List”), and you are solely responsible for delivering the List to the Company and for updating the List. The Company shall have no obligation to verify that any information provided by you in the List is current or accurate, and the Company shall be entitled to rely upon all such information in admitting persons identified therein.
5. Additional Terms for Domain Name Registration.
5.1 General Terms and Non-Infringement. The Company, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to refuse to register or reserve your chosen domain name within thirty (30) calendar days from receipt of your payment. In the event the Company does not register or reserve your domain name, or the Company deletes your domain name within such thirty (30) calendar day period, the Company agrees to refund your applicable fee(s). You agree that we shall not be liable to you for loss or damages that may result from our refusal to register, reserve, or delete your domain name or register you for other Services. You represent that, to the best of the your knowledge and belief, neither the registration of the domain name nor the manner in which it is directly or indirectly used infringes the legal rights of a third party and that the domain name is not being registered for any unlawful purpose. You agree that, by registration or reservation of your chosen domain name, such registration or reservation does not confer immunity from objection to either the registration, reservation, or use of the domain name. You hereby irrevocably waive any and all claims and causes of action you may have arising from such disclosure or use of your domain name registration information by the Company. You may access your domain name registration information in our possession to review, modify or update such information, by accessing our domain manager service, or similar service, made available by the Company through the registrar. In order to change any of your account information with us, you must use your user name and password that you selected when you opened your account with us. Please safeguard your user name and password from any unauthorized use. In no event will we be liable for the unauthorized use or misuse of your user name or password.
5.2 ICANN Dispute Policies and Related Issues. If you reserved or registered a domain name through us, or transferred a domain name to us from another registrar, you agree to be bound by the now existing and all new versions of all dispute policies promulgated by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (“ICANN”), which are incorporated by reference. You can find the most recent dispute policies on the ICANN Web site located at www.icann.org. You agree that, if the registration or reservation of your domain name is challenged by a third party, you will be subject to the provisions specified in the dispute policy in effect at the time of the dispute. You agree that your registration of the domain name shall be subject to suspension, cancellation, or transfer pursuant to any ICANN-adopted policy, or pursuant to any registrar or registry procedure not inconsistent with an ICANN-adopted policy: (i) to correct mistakes by the registrar or the registry in registering the name or (ii) for the resolution of disputes concerning the domain name. You also agree to release, indemnify and hold us harmless pursuant to the terms and conditions contained in any ICANN dispute policy. You agree and acknowledge that we will make domain name registration information you provide available to ICANN, to the registry administrators, and to other third parties as ICANN and applicable laws may require or permit. You further agree and acknowledge that we may make publicly available, or directly available to third party vendors, some, or all, of the domain name registration information you provide, for purposes of inspection (such as through our WHOIS service) or other purposes as required or permitted by ICANN and the applicable laws. You hereby consent to any and all such disclosures and use of, and guidelines, limits and restrictions on disclosure or use of, information provided by you in connection with the registration of a domain name (including any updates to such information), whether during or after the term of your registration of the domain name.
5.3 Transfer of Ownership. The person named as administrative contact at the time the controlling user name and password are secured shall be the owner of the domain name. You agree that prior to transferring ownership of your domain name to another person (the “Transferee") you shall require the Transferee to agree, in writing, to be bound by all the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Your domain name will not be transferred until we receive such written assurances or other reasonable assurance that the Transferee has been bound by the contractual terms of this Agreement (such reasonable assurance as determined by us in our sole discretion) along with the applicable transfer fee. If the Transferee fails to be bound in a reasonable fashion (as determine by the Company in the Company’s sole discretion) to the terms and conditions in this Agreement, any such transfer will be null and void. Should you transfer your domain name or should the domain name otherwise be transferred due to another Registrar, the terms and conditions of this contract shall cease and shall be replaced by the contractual terms in force for the purpose of registering domain names then in force between domain name holders and the new registrar.
6. Additional Terms for Marketing Services. You hereby represent, warrant and covenant that all you have the legal authority to use and all licenses necessary with respect to any customer lists or other contacts that you deliver to the Company in connection with any marketing Services.
7. Additional Use and Storage Terms. You acknowledge that the Company may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Services, including without limitation the maximum number of days that email messages, message board postings or other uploaded Content will be retained by the Services, the maximum number of email messages that may be sent from or received by an account on the Services, the maximum size of any email message that may be sent from or received by an account on the Services, the maximum disk space that will be allotted on the Company's servers on your behalf, and the maximum number of times (and the maximum duration for which) you may access the Services in a given period of time. You acknowledge that the Company reserves the right to log off accounts that are inactive for an extended period of time.
8.1.1. upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials (collectively, “Content”) that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable. Pornography and pornographic related merchandising are prohibited under all Services, including providing links to pornographic content elsewhere;
8.1.2. harm minors in any way;
8.1.3. impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a the Company official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
8.1.4. forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Services or develop restricted or password-only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to from another accessible page);
8.1.5. upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements;
8.1.6. upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
8.1.7. upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas of the Services that are designated for such purpose;
8.1.8. upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
8.1.9. disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to "scroll" faster than other users of the Services are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in real time exchanges;
8.1.10. interfere with or disrupt the Services or servers or networks connected to the Services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Services;
8.1.11. intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law;
8.1.12. “stalk" or otherwise harass another;
8.1.13. promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities, promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual, or promote any act of cruelty to animals. This may include, but is not limited to, providing instructions on how to assemble bombs, grenades and other weapons, and creating "Crush" sites; and
8.1.14. effecting security breaches or disruptions of Internet communication. Security breaches include, but are not limited to, accessing data of which you are not an intended recipient or logging into a server or account that you are not expressly authorized to access.
9. Indemnification of Company. You shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Company, its employees, officers, directors, contractors, representatives and agents, and other customers of the Company, from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, suits, proceedings, and all damages, judgments, liabilities, losses and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of, based upon, relating to, or resulting from (i) any product or service provided by you in connection with the delivery or consumption of Services, (ii) the acts, omissions, negligence or willful misconduct of you, your employees, officers, directors, contractors (other than the Company, agents, representatives) and end users or customers, including, without limitation, with respect to any use of the Services, facilities provided to you, transmission of information, the operation, condition, or content of any Web page, Web site, or other Internet graphical or non-graphical interface, or the conduct of any business, advertising, marketing or sales in connection therewith, (iii) your, and your employees, agents and representatives’ access to, use and/or occupancy of the facilities of or provided by the Company in connection with the Services and Equipment, (iv) the infringement or misappropriation by you, your employees, officers, contractors, agents, representatives, end users or customers of the intellectual property rights of any person including, without limitation, any patent, copyright, trademark or trade secret or other third party right, in connection with your use of the Services and/or Content, (v) any breach of this Agreement by you, (vi) the use or misuse of any login and/or password, (vii) the use of any lists, e-mail addresses, or other personally identifiable information provided by you to the Company in connection with any marketing services, (viii) any domain name dispute between you and any third party, or (ix) the use of any customer lists or other information used by the Company in connection with marketing Services.
10. Disclaimer of Warranties. You expressly understand and agree that your use of the Services is at your sole risk. The Services are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. The Company expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement, non-interference, system integration, and informational content. The Company makes no warranty that (i) the Services will meet your requirements; (ii) the services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free; (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the services will be accurate or reliable; (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the Services will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Services or any software related thereto will be corrected. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from the Company or through or from the Services or the Site shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the agreement.
11. Limitation of Liability. You expressly understand and agree that the Company shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if the Company has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the Services; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute Services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Services; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of Data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the Services; or (v) any other matter relating to the Services. In no event shall the total and aggregate liability of the Company exceed $50.00 for any or all of the Services. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
13. Proprietary Rights and Responsibilities.
13.1 Company Technology. The Company’s Internet operations, design, content, hardware designs, algorithms, software (in source and object forms), user interface designs, e-store and other templates and designs, architecture, class libraries, and documentation (both printed and electronic), know-how, trade secrets and any related intellectual property rights throughout the world, and any derivative works, improvements, enhancements or extensions thereof used in connection with the Services (the "Company Technology") are and shall remain the sole and exclusive property of the Company.
13.2 License and Restrictions. The Company grants you a personal, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, and non-exclusive right and license to use the Services only as set forth herein. You agree that you will not (and will not allow any third party to) copy, modify, rent, lease, loan, distribute, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any code of the Company Technology, in whole or in part.
13.3 Content. The Company does not claim ownership Content you submit in connection with the Services. By submitting or using the Content in connection with the Services, you grant the Company the world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting the Content for the purpose intended for each respective Service. You acknowledge that the Company does not pre-screen Content, but that the Company and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Services. Without limiting the foregoing, the Company and its designees shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the Agreement or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content.
14. Not for Resale. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Services, use of the Services, or access to the Services.
15. Third Party Services Providers. In the event that you request a service that is provided by third parties, the Company may, at its option, provide such services through such third parties for you; provided, however, that all such services shall be provided “as is” without any warranty or liability of any kind as between you and the Company, and your sole remedy for any and all purposes shall be with the third party service provider.
16. Contradiction. To the extent there is a contradiction with any representation on the Site and this Agreement, the terms of this Agreement shall control.
17. No Third Party Beneficiaries. The parties agree that there shall be no third-party beneficiaries to this Agreement.
18. Force Majeure. The Company shall not be liable to you, nor shall any remedy be extended, for any failure of performance or equipment due to causes beyond the Company’s reasonable control including, but not limited to: acts of God, fire, explosion, lightening, flood, earthquake, tornado, storms, meteorological, hydrological or geological conditions or other catastrophes caused thereby; any law, order, regulation, direction, action, or request of any governmental or regulatory entity or agency, or any civil or military authority; emergencies; civil unrest, insurrections, riots, wars; unavailability of rights-of-way, third party services or materials; or strikes, lock-outs, work stoppages, labor shortages or other labor difficulties; or transmission failures, telecommunication line or power breaks or outages, viruses, denial of service attacks, or failure of the Internet. In the event any of the foregoing occur and the Company is unable to deliver the Service for thirty (30) consecutive days, you shall have the right to terminate this Agreement pursuant hereto. In the event of such termination, neither party shall be liable for damages arising out of any failure to perform.
19.Independent Contractors. The parties are independent contractors. Neither party is the agent for the other, and neither is authorized to enter into any contract for the other.
20. Governing Law and Venue. The Company reserves the right to revise or change this Agreement at any time. This Agreement shall be governed in all respects under the laws of the State of Tennessee applicable to contracts made, without application to principles of conflict of laws, and you agree that the sole venue and jurisdiction for any disputes arising from this Agreement shall be the appropriate federal or state court located in the State of Tennessee, County of Knox.